Rules, General Information & Payouts
*** Boston Pizza Sponsorship ***
- Huge thank you to Boston Pizza for sponsoring our August Tournament! Check out the Payouts tab for details!
- Make Boston Pizza your Team Headquarters this weekend and all year long! Join the Team HQ program for a chance to earn FREE FOOD for your team! You'll rack up a 10% credit from every visit simply by joining and entering your receipts online! Whether it's with the team after a game, with the family for dinner or with co-workers for lunch, all your spending can count towards your team earnings. Ask your BP server for a sign up brochure, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
*** Tournament Seeding ***
- After completion of Round Robin Play teams will be seeded #1 through #20. (Seed #1 to Seed #20 on Championship Schedule)
- Seeding is based on: 1. Record 2. Run Differential 3. Runs Against 4. Runs For 5. Coin Flip.
- Seed1 thru Seed7 advance to A-Side, Seed8 thru Seed14 to B-Side, Seed15 thru Seed20 to C-Side.
- There will be 4 BYE spots on Sunday. 1 on A-Side, 1 on B-Side, 2 on C-Side.
*** Score Submissions ***
- Winning teams are required to text message scores to BOTH 4729690 (Kevan/Tailgators) AND 6246485 (Ryan/Aces) within 15 minutes of the completion of your game (on all days).
- Please remember to include both team names along with your score. (i.e. Pirates 25 Aces 1)
- Standings will be automatically updated on-line as the round-robin play progresses shortly after they are sent.
- Get your scores in quickly. Failure to do so will result in fines and/or loss of tournament winnings (will be strictly enforced) and may result in a forfeit.
*** Girls Ball ***
- An 11-inch green dot ball will be used for female batting.
- Teams will be provided with these balls prior to the start of the tournament. Don't lose them!
- The 11-inch ball shall be provided to the pitcher when a female is batting by the batting-team (typically the 1st or 3rd base coach should hold onto them)
- It is the batter/batting teams responsibility to ensure the pitcher receives the girls ball.
- It is the pitchers responsibility to ensure the 12 inch ball is brought back into the game for the male batter.
- Where an incorrect ball was thrown, the result of the play will ALWAYS stand. If noticed during an at-bat (e.g. after a ball, strike or foul ball), the correct ball shall then be brought into play, and the count will remain the same.
*** Game Rules ***
- All games are scheduled to be 9 innings. If it rains, please still try to play your games.
- There are NO TIES! Play extra innings! Scores submitted as a tie will be broken via coin-flip.
- For Friday Early Games - a new inning cannot begin once the clock strikes 7:10pm. The bottom portion of inning can still be completed as long as the home team is not leading.
- Mercy Rule (15 runs) in effect after 7 innings.
- Mercy Rule (25 runs) in effect after 5 innings.
- No team can win by more than 15 runs. (i.e. Pirates 25 Aces 1 == Pirates 16 Aces 1)
- A win by forfeit (or bye) is considered to be a 25-10 score.
- Higher seed has choice of Home/Visitor on Sunday Games.
*** Umpiring ***
- Round Robin Games are Self Umped.
- A-Side please follow schedule for umping Sunday games. B/C-Side are self-umped on Sunday.
- For Teams that are required to ump alone on Sunday, you must send 4 umps.
- Failure to provide umpires to required games will result in fines.
- Failure to provide umpire to A-side Final or Consolation game will result in loss of all tournament winnings.